Pages

Fourth Of July Whitewash (Red, White And Bullshit)

Everyone is going bonkers over July 4th. I get it, I like fireworks too (when I am mentally prepared for them) and the festivities can be fun. But I have seen an insane amount of stuff glorifying the founding fathers for defeating tyranny and kicking the lobster backs out. Lets get one thing straight every one of the motherfuckers who signed the declaration of independence was a privileged white dude. Half of them were slave owners. But the government they created just continued the genocide that they had originally been doing in the name of the British crown. You see, when they talked about equality they weren't including womyn, native americans, black people or poor people. They wanted equality for American born, rich, white, land owning men. So when I hear people talking about bringing back '76 I have to ask, do you really want slavery? Do you really want to undo womyn's suffrage? There weren't even the minimal domestic violence laws that we have today, do we want that back too? I know these tea baggers like to glorify those days and considering their views on gays, womyn, people of color, etc it makes sense they would worship archaic documents written by backwards people during less progressive times. Do I love America? Yes. I love the Appalachian Mountains, I love the rest of the natural landscape, I love most of the people in America and I love the cultures of various localities of this country. I love American food. I do not, however, love the government here. It wasn't any better from the start. So stop whitewashing history, people. You know who you are.

0 comments:

Post a Comment